Tuesday 10 June 2014

Difficult Clients - how do you deal with them?

I don't normally have time to read other peoples blog posts, mostly scanning them and if it doesn't grab me in the first 5 mins I move on, or put it into my "never gonna read later, but I might' list.

This article from THIS UGLY BEAUTY BUSINESS written by Tina Alberino is defiantly worth a read.

The 5+ Types of Difficult Clients and How to Deal With Them

 It is not just the information which is very useful but it is written in a way which is relatable.  She tells it like it is!  As nail professionals 'yep PROFESSIONALS' is the key word here, we are taught to shut up and take it....well NO!!!!!   This is your business, and the fear of loosing any revenue to a worry in this current economic climate, I under stand this argument all to well....But by pandering to these difficult clients how effective are you actually! Is it impacting on your day, your other customers and your overall business. You are not just a nail professional you are a business women, and any CEO or MD of a company(no matter how small)  is not going to accept behaviour like this. I the word 'your business' in the widest sense, even if you work for someone else, please understand your career is your business, you are in this job to make money and provide a great service, even if your paid directly from your clients or via a boss.

Tina made me chuckle when she wrote about the 5 types os clients, as I can easily shoe horn a few of mine in there....'the constant complainer and Mega bitches, and oh my all time fav The Dependably delayed.......must not forget 'the IOU's' who is the same person as the dependably delayed.

This is a great read, and helpful too...I have seen numerous posts on FB and other forums asking for help with particular difficult clients....and there are some tools in this blog which will do the trick....like this simple and effective suggestion, with the problem I hear about over and over again - kids in the salon....Tina suggestion is to take your client to one side after her appointment and say  '"This is our place of business. Your children are hurting our productivity here and disrupting the other clients. In addition, they are a liability. If you bring them with you in the future, we will not be able to service you."

Enjoy this and I hope you find it useful x
Sam

No comments: