Monday 4 November 2013

Canada & Beavers


Leaving Vegas and landing in Canada was a stark contrast, a place full of lights, eager expectation, and hustle and bustle of tourists from dawn to dusk. I felt the moment I landed in Winnipeg I was grounded and It also felt very much like home. I was finally going to meet Peggy Talbot Be Creative’s Canadian  distributor  shop.nailworkz.com who very generously opened her home up to me.  With two days off before the class, I was soon whisked off for a 2.30 hour drive to Lake in the Woods, Kenora www.lakeofthewoods.com where Peggy has a cabin. Before my trip Peggy messaged me and asked me what I would like to see when I came to Canada. " Peggy I am easily pleased I would just like a Canadian experience” I replied. Well that is just what I got. 



Visiting Smith Camps www.smithcamps.com and having a hearty moose meat stew served in a baked pumpkin. Along with fish cooked and smoked by Al, the resident Crocodile Dundee of Canada.. What he didn't know about animals, pelts and of course Beavers and their nocturnal going ons…...urmmmm yes I am talking the furry kind which build damns and Canada’s  national animal! I also enjoyed a hike in the woods, and realized yet another Canadian past time….hunting. It seems for Fungi????? I think I gave up after a couple of shots, but goodness peggy and Michelle where pro’s. I did wonder if perhaps this was the female version of Hunting moose. Ha only kidding….:0?
MUSHROOM HUNTING

MOOSE MEAT STEW

THIS WAS THE CLOSEST I GOT TO A BLACK BEAR


Monday was the start of the Be Creative Sam Biddle workshop, with a host of different nails and 20 expectant nail technician's  all waiting for me to blow their mind. Eeeeeek! I hope I did. Day 1 was salon viable designs, working with the be creative nail art pen and pigments, and creating stickers and one stroke effects with the gel paints. Day 2 however was the indulgent day, and we started out creating butterflies to flutter by acrylic roses. 
Peggy Talbot, Michelle Ketcher & Moi

Be Creative class 2013

This was the first trip out to Canada, and in just 5 days filled with a host of Canadian experiences and of course having met some amazing people. I look forward to returning. 

AUGUST....she surprised us all and herself. 



No comments: