Wednesday 20 February 2008

Life on the Road

Wow, the last couple of weeks have been a whirl wind, and as I am now home for a few days, I thought I would share with you, some of the fantastic work I have been witness to.


Spending a couple of days with Caroline Hickey in Staffordshire on Sunday and Monday 10th & 11th February was a blast, and as usual in her own unique blend of energy and wit, she managed to yet again bring some sunshine into my life. Caroline had open her doors to me, and allowed me to come and work some of her students on the 10th February at the beautiful Chimney hotel in Cheshire. This 'inspire' day was jammed packed, and produced some wild and whacky nails. As you can see, everyone was engrossed in their own little world, and I think left feeling very creative and motivated. I am going back to do the next class - 'Create' on the 31st March, with some of them, and really looking forward to seeing just how far they have developed.


Going further North I had the pleasure of working with Jo Shirley again, and holding a two day fantasy workshop at Red 10 in Doncaster. Starting with an 'inspire' day, we then went onto the stronger stuff, and the 'create' workshop which allowed the girls to really shine. I have to say how proud I am to witness the development of all these techs.

When they start their days with me, they are full of doubt and scepticism, even after I assure them it is possible and they will be leaving with a whole new outlook, they still can't fully believe it.



Then they start to play, and I watch as they strip back their uncertainties and inhibitions, completely stepping into the 'zone' and build. Look at these pictures to see just how amazing they all are. I am going back to Doncaster for two more days in April, on the 14th & 15th, to do some Gel design and Fantasy.













I have also had the pleasure of visiting Scotland and spending a day with Ez Flow Scotland, the beautiful Christine Murdock and her fabulous husband Derek....wot a man. Also there was my mate Victoria Smith. This motivational woman not only blew my socks off with her words, as she always does, but she managed to stir up something up in the audience as well. The day was to show how design can work within your business, and how to utilize fantasy to develop your design skills and get inspired and try something different in the salon. Did it work? Well I think it did, we certainly had great feed back, and since I am going back up there on the 25th March to hold an 'inspire workshop I reckon it is the start of something amazing in Scotland. Derek tells me today that spaces are booking up fast,and it will be held in Glasgow it self at Urban Angels new Training rooms.

Well I am now at home enjoying some time with the children, not that they are in much, but I feel like I am catching up on being a mum, next week I have Excel and I am really looking forward to that. There is a couple of forums planned I think and of course demoing on the stand with the lovily Antony Buckley and Mary Seitzinger from the USA.

Come say hello......

No comments: